The Kernel protection watchdog is used to protect Komodia’s Redirector files from being deleted/modified, lsp from being uninstalled and also protects the main process will not be stopped.
Because the component is a Kernel driver it can’t be removed by conventional means, the only ways to remove it are by accessing the harddrive when the OS isn’t loaded (Live CD, reformatting the drive)
This component can act as a plugin to existing Komodia’s products or as a standalone product, it is easy controlable using a COM API and it includes the following features:
- Protect processes from being stopped by task manager or any process killing application.
- Protect file and disable any access to it, the file can’t be read or modified, it also can’t be deleted by special file deletion utilities.
- Protect file read only, will allow only read only access to it, it can’t be modified or deleted.
- Protect registry key and all values and sub keys from being deleted or modified, key is read only.
- Add application to the trusted list, which means it will be able to have full access to protected files.
- Is a Kernel drive.
- Has a version for 32bit which works on Windows XP/Vista/2003/7/2008/8.
- Has a version for 64bit which works on Windows Vista (SP1 and above)/7/2008/8 (requires cross cert certificate signing).
- Controlled by a COM API.
- Protecting services from shutting down.
Stand alone version
The Watchdog can be used as standalone (without purchasing the SDK) to protect monetization component, this option is available only for companies that has more then 10 million end users.