Komodia's Redirector new features
This page keeps tracks of new features in Komodia's Redirector, so you can follow it using RSS.
- 1 2014
- 2 2013
- 3 2012
- 4 2011
- 4.1 September
- 4.2 August
- 4.3 July
- 4.4 June
- 4.5 May
- 4.6 April
- 4.7 February
- 5 2010
- 5.1 December
- 5.2 October
- 5.3 July
- 5.4 May
- 5.5 January
- 6 2009
- DLL, added an ability to set/get flags and save data directly from the DLL - without using COM: Komodia's Redirector DLL framework guide#DLLSetFunctions
- New ability to inject into HTML elements on the fly: Komodia's Redirector DLL framework guide#HTML Element injection.
- SSL Digestor, added the ability to set a custom root CA by settings the flags: (settings will be active after the SDK is restarted)
- sslpub - To the path of the public key .pem file.
- sslprv - To the path of the private key .pem file.
- sslpsd - To the password of the root CA.
- Added ability to disable LSP usage of COM interface by setting the custom flag "nocom" to 1.
- Added command line flag to detect other Komodia's instances (PCProxy /IsOtherInstalled)
Features geared at allowing a web server to receive a configuration file, modify it and send it back:
- Added ability to save data into a unencrypted editable text file or into a string.
- Added ability to load the textual data back from a file or a string.
- Added support to dhrDefer parameter for the DLL framework.
- Added ability to exclude domains using the DNS hijack: Komodia's Redirector installation guide#Domain_exclusion.
- Added ability to include/exclude domains that will be SSL Digested: Komodia's Redirector installation guide#SSL_Digestor.
Release date: 31th Oct 2011
- Added a new POST options for the HTTP Parser: Komodia's Redirector DLL framework guide#HTTPRequestBeforeSend
Release date: Release date: 31th Aug 2011
- Added a new option for the HTTP Parser: Komodia's Redirector DLL framework guide#HTTPRequestBeforeReceive
Release date: 27th July 2011
- Added a command to kill all existing connections: Komodia's Redirector API Guide#KillAllConnections.
- Added a flag that enables the Redirector to act to the opposite of the services interception compile time behaviour: Komodia's Redirector API Guide#Flags
Release date: 30th June 2011
- Added an update manager (Komodia's Redirector installation guide#Update_manager).
- Added the flag ftParentalTextOnly to improve COM framework when only text info is needed.
Release date: 3/5/2011
- Advanced Redirector, added a new proxy: Socks5 for UDP only (TCP traffic will go direct).
- Added functionality to download a HTTP file (Komodia's Redirector API Guide#DownloadFile)
Release date: 4/4/2011
- Added a new flag processname (Komodia's Redirector API Guide#Flags) that will add the process name to outgoing requests.
Release date: Test version
- Added an ability to use the RegisterLSP to detect the presence of our LSP and/or 3rd party LSP (Komodia's Advanced LSP Installer#Show_LSPs_installed_and_change_exit_code).
Release date: Release to several clients only
- Added a feature to set a proxy per application.
- Added the new Komodia's Redirector COM framework guide.
- SSL Digestor loads the stores from browsers and verifies that the site cert issuer is legit.
- SSL Digestor is installing cert for Thunderbird.
HTTP Parser post control
Added the ability to stop HTTP Post data aggregation when using the HTTP Parser.
Added a knowledge base with many of the questions clients and prospects sends in the mail. The link is in the navigation base on the left side.
Hard include/exclude apps
It is not possible to inverse the hard included application so that every app that is not hard included is hard excluded.
Name detection also checks the originalfile name in the file version to protect against renames.
Now can work when tunneled via Socks5 proxy.
Logs can now be turned on in release version: Komodia's Redirector troubleshooting guide#Which_logs_are_always_present_and_which_should_be_enabled.
New samples, and guide uploaded to: Komodia's Redirector DLL framework guide.
Service installation now writes to a log.
Added the ability to broadcast an update on the rules.
Switch between intercepted and non intercepted
LSP and Redirector can now change an existing connection between intercepted to non intercepted and vice versa when the rules change.
New user experience guide
Komodia's Redirector user experience guide goes over the behaviour of the Redirector and how it affects the end user experience.
Toggling working mode
When toggling between disable and enable mode the Redirector will force every HTTP connection to go via the new mode which means that all connections that used a proxy will be redirected so they will not use proxy, and all connections that didn't use proxy will be redirected so proxy will apply to them.
LSP not breaking existing applications
When installing any kind of LSP, it can break existing network applications, this is normal behaviour for LSPs, now every Komodia's LSP have a built in feature to allow the running applications to continue working without problems (they will not be intercepted until they are closed and opened again, which is same as before).
Added three new redirecting abilities which are controlable from the GUI and COM interface:
- Redirect directly to a IP/Port without doing any proxy manipulations.
- Redirect directly to a IP/Port from the LSP without going through the Redirector process.
- Redirect SSL sessions via a Socks5, the proxy will receive decrypted data and the Redirector will acquire the certificate once from the website via a direct connection.
Added support for SDCH encoding.
All port lists now support port range, up until now it was possible to add a list of ports, so for example if you would like to enter ten ports you would have to enter them one by one, now you can enter range, e.g.: 20-30