Komodia's Watchdog bug fixes
This page keeps tracks of bug fixes in Komodia's Watchdog, so you can follow it using RSS.
- 1 2015
- 2 2014
- 3 2013
- 4 2012
- 5 2011
- 6 2010
- Fixed a bug in 64bit Registry WD that allowed some keys to be deleted.
- Updated SDK WD registry rules for 64bit.
- Released 10th November.
- Fixed a BSOD in 32bit WD when accessing a registry key larger then 1024 bytes.
- Applied the 32bit BSOD fix to the 64bit registry WD.
- Fixed a bug under Windows 8.1 x64 that protected services would not start.
- Fixed a bug in 64bit file WD to go down cleanly.
- Fixes to WD 64bit to better protect processes on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- Fixed a problem where a protected non service process couldn't be run with UAC privileges.
- WD can't be stopped by using SC stop.
- WD 64bit File, added protection against double uninitialize.
- Fixed a situation where the 64bit file WD would crash because of race condition.
- Some apps ask for full write access to the registry but perform only read, the WD64 will now allow read privileges even if write was requested for protected registry.
- Fixed a problem with WD64 that wouldn't allow to start protect processes that are not services with UAC privileges.
- Fixed problems with direct control to the WD.
- Fixed the 32bit version to allow perform GetUserName and other user query functions on protected processes.
- Fixed that the 64bit file driver will only inspect FAT and NTFS.
- Fixed a condition where adding a process to the protected list would falsely return fail status.
- Fixed a problem that could under certain conditions cause BSOD.
- Created a specialized version for 32bit Windows 7 that protects a new registry function, now WD distribution comes with two 32bit drivers, one for Windows 7 and one for all the other OS.
- Fixed a bug where a new key could be created under a protected key.
Release date: 3/5/2011
- Fixed a bug where a file would be deleted even if protected under 32bit OS.
Release date: Test version
- Various BSOD condition fixed.
Release date: 2/2/2011
- Fixed network hang for 32bit and 64bit drivers on Windows 7.
- Fixed number of BSOD.
Release date: TBD
- Changed string functions to safe strings.
- Fixed a memory leak.
- Revised the SDK protection rules.
- Revised the Driver protection rules.
Release date: 26th November 2010
- Updated the default rules for 64bit OS.
Release date: 11th November 2010
- Fixed a bug where protected processes would not be intercepted.
- Vista stability issues fixed.
- Build server sets correct file version info to Watchdog.
Fixed a bug which under certain conditions would not protect values in Windows7 32bit.
- Fixed a bug which caused BSOD on Vista and in general other situations, this affected 32bit and 64bit drivers.
- Fixed a bug which didn't allow to protect multiple processes under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug with 64bit Registry driver that caused it to stop working.
Fixed rules to better protect LSP and service under Windows Vista and above.